“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, but does not include aggregate anonymised data.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- When you submit your personal information to us or provide your personal information through an authorised third party, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
- Where you have indicated at registration (and at any time thereafter) that you consent to receive information, announcements, advertisements and other promotions from the company and our selected business partners, you consent to us sending you such offers.
- We may also collect and use your personal data without your consent where it is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When you register an account in our mobile applications or on the Site and when you make use of our services, you will be asked to provide us with certain personal information. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
- processing your registration, identifying personal preferences and matching your needs with relevant products and services.
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes;
- using, collecting or disclosing data for legitimate interests, business improvement and commercial research and development; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 8 above for us.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
- Where you have indicated at registration (and at any time thereafter) that you are happy to receive information, announcements, advertisements and other promotions from the company and our selected business partners, you consent to us sending you such offers. You may opt out of receiving such offers or change your preferences at any time by clicking ”unsubscribe” or contact us by emailing at email@example.com.
- Recognizing you when you sign in use our offerings. This allows us to provide you with recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services;
- Keeping track of your specific preferences. This allows us to honour your likes and dislikes, such as your language and configuration preferences;
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our offerings;
- Preventing fraudulent activity;
- Improving security;
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our sites and third-party sites; and
- This allows us to measure and analyse the performance of our offerings.
- You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer. You may also opt out of receiving such offers or change your preferences at any time by clicking ”unsubscribe” on the emails we send to you or contact us by emailing our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request in not less than ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 15 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
- Please note that after notifying you of a new purpose and providing a reasonable period for you to opt out from consenting to the new purpose, you shall be deemed to consent to the use or disclosure of your personal data for that new purpose.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
- We reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information where we believe this is permissible or necessary to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
- Where there is a suspected unauthorised access to personal data inside your account/ subscription, we will let you know and give you information about what has happened. Depending on the nature of the unauthorised access, and the location of your affected contacts, you may be required to assess whether the unauthorised access must be reported to the contact and/or a relevant authority.
ACCURACY OF CONSUMERS DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). By submitting any personal data about yourself, you represent and warrant to us that the information is true and current to the best of your knowledge. In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
- By using our services, you consent to that information being hosted on servers located in Singapore. The information stored with us remains within our control at all times.
- We have engaged third parties to host and store the data that you have provided to us. The hosting providers’ role is limited to providing a hosting and storage service to us. We do not disclose or transfer personal data collected under this Policy to third parties located overseas. In the event that we do transfer personal data to parties located overseas, we will ensure that the transferees will provide personal data protection to our users at least as favourable as we do.
- In the case of a change of ownership, including mergers and acquisitions, sale of shares, transfer of controlling power or interests, corporate restructuring and reorganisation, we may still retain your personal data in accordance with clause 28 above.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures; or if you wish to make any request, at
Telephone number: +65 62327806
Address: 8 Ubi Road 2, #03-17, Singapore 408538
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or for customer feedback and complaints, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 8 Ubi Road 2, #03-17, Singapore 408538.